Hi blog! I'm basically only on tumblr now but I figured I'd check in and see if anyone is still here.
I'm not updating fic here anymore but I'll try to check in more often - I miss it here.
Anyway, if anyone is interested here's what's new:
- I've been splitting my time between nyc and toronto for work
- shadowhunters has taken over my life and i regret nothing (they film in toronto but i have sadly not seen any of the cast around town)
- i bought a house! Well, more like a closet, but it counts!
- i'm doing a flufftober fic challenge. well, I'm trying to. I don't think I can stick to posting fic every day but I'd like to do at least half the prompts. My writing was kind of stalled lately but it's been nice to get back into daily practice
Not much new around here, but for what's it's worth this is what I've been up to lately.
- My quick 3 weeks in NYC has turned into a 3.5 months. I miss London a bit, but it's been great to be back home in nyc and spend some much needed time with my sister here! We've been working our way through the restaurant scene and it's been a blast!
- I used to be a pretty hardcore runner, but a string of injuries pushed me out of it several years back. I finally kept my promise to myself and booked an appointment with a sports orthopedist to get it looked at. I am now doing physical therpy sessions 3 times a week and I'm hoping they will help ease me back into distance running. I miss it!
- On that note, I've started cross training and going to the gym again. Lots of spinning and yoga mostly. It feels good to be on a workout schedule again. I miss being in shape and all the benefits that come with it.
- Not much movement on fic writing, sadly. I need to buckle down and dedicate some serious time to it, but it's been difficult due to the above new activities
- The Librarians is back on TV and I can't be happier with how the season is shaping up. So much fun, I love everyone in this bar!!
- I'm in the midst of a new fandom love affair with Hawaii Five-0. Why did no one tell me this show is so fun! I'm almost done with season 1 and it's taking all my self control not to go into a Netflix binge hiberation.
Happy Thursday, everyone :)
I'm coming down from two weeks of client workshops and a whole lot of vodka here in nyc. Because business trips are as much about the bars as about the meetings. I won't bore you with the work details, but the bar details include hitting 5 different rooftop bar. I also introduced my clients to my local pub, which went over very well. But it meant I was going out every single night for the past two weeks. I'm exhausted!
My clients are now back in London where they belong and I get to hang out at my home base and detox in nyc for the next two weeks! Over-socialization aside, it's great being back, even if just temporarily. (I've been living abroad for work for about 7 months now, and this is the first time I've stepped foot in my apartment since March!) I will be sad to leave for London again, but it's such a great place so I'm not really that upset at all.
In unrelated news, I cut 9 inches off my hair last week and it felt great! Showering is so much easier now.
I hope everone is having a good October so far!
It's been all fic and no talk lately so I'm gonna ramble for a bit. Because it's Sunday and I have a bloody mary that's way too spicy for me (note to self: when the chili pepper vodka you bought at the local chili festival claims to be "hot as hell" BELIEVE IT. omg my poor mouth) and some time to kill.
I'm flying back to the US in a couple of weeks and I am so excited to be going back home! I haven't spent more than 48 hours at my NYC apartment since November of last year and I miss it. I'm not leaving London for good yet, but I not 100% when I'll be coming back either. It might be November, or it might be early next year, who knows...
Work is a hot mess, as usual. Our clients finally accepted reality that we're not going to meet our deadline, which takes a lot of pressure off everyone. There's still a lot to be done, but it's nice to see we're all living in the real world here. On a related note, I'm pushing for a promotion and I should know fairly soon whether it's going to happen or not.
Alright I guess that's enough rambling from me. Have a nice weekend everyone!
Quick life and fandom update while I procrastinate getting ready for work
- i'm still in London! what a great city. I've been doing a lot of drinking rose wine outdoors!
- christian kane has a cooking show and it is adorable
- i'm watching sense8 on netflix and it's fab! (cute cop Will and kick ass lady Sun are my faves so far)
- i finally took the plunge and am learning photoshop for gif making. it's so cool!
- work is still crazy busy and in a couple weeks it's gonna get busier
- i signed up for the leverage thingathon on tumblr and now i need to go and write the fic but AHHH WRITING IS HARDDD
Alright I need to put makeup on and get going! I hope everyone's day is going alright!